Today I was just filled with so much joy. I am so glad that God has called me to this life. There is never a dull moment and the things he is teaching me and blessing me with.. wow. Of course I have my days, like last week when I was tired of being in the spotlight, tired of being stared at all the time and if I have one more man offer me a simple “paper marriage only” so that I can get him a green card in america (nothing says I love you like that huh!) (that was an exact quote that i got from 2 different men today) some days it can become to much. But then there are other days, like this weekend, when I just can’t believe the life that God has allowed me to live!
This weekend was great. The visit to my roomies family was such a blessing.. althought it was quite a rainy cold day. If the picture uploads you will be able to see me with my roomies sister.. and no don’t be decieved. that is not a river in the background.. it is our road. This is why I love crocs. I think there were almost class 5 rapids that day!
So I visited with her family and spent most of the time holding her brothers 3 week old baby. I just prayd and prayed over that baby. My roomies family is all hindu and this is the reason she doesnot live with them- because they would have her marry a hindu.
So after that I cooked dinner for 2 of my friends.. twiced baked potatoes with yak cheese( yak cheese is really disgusting– but you can kindof make it taste good if you bake it.. even in a toaster oven)… homemade tortillas and stirfry. Yummy.
The today I went to international church. What a blessing it is to worship with people from all over the world that have been called her to serve God. It is such a filling up time for me. I never appreciate church as much as I do here.. not only appreciate it but need it. Then tonight we had our american fellowship that we have every sunday plus the 30 bible college students at my house. It was a wonderful time! I just love those ladies and feel like God has allowed me to be his vessel of love to them in this short time. I am soo excited to begin teaching them more next semester. Their graduation is sunday.
I know this is long.. but a quick list of things entitled you know your a real “m” when:
1) you find out it’s not good to walk barefoot in your yard here… leaches like your feet.. and bible study is interupted (we had it outside) for your roomie to pour salt on 2 man eating leaches
2) you have to wade through “rapids” to get home.. never complain about 1-75 construction again
3) You have conversations with people all the time and have no idea what you are really saying or agreeing to
4) You are falling more in love with and more in need of the Grace of God each day
5) You eat yak cheese and it’s ok.. and you forget that it’s normal to refrigerate butter (they don’t here)… and you make your own tortillas
6) you are planning your week around a 3 day stike in which you can’t leave your house
This is my life. I LOVE IT. Of course I appreciate and miss the things I left behind.. mostly the awesome family I left behind.. but I count it all GAIN compared to the amazing worth of knowing my Jesus and seeing him become more known in a country where HE wins the war
ok.. enough preaching