hello to my favorite family friends and blogging readers.. i am so sorry that I am just now getting to write you. I feel a bit disconnected from you guys because I have not been able to write you. We got back from the village 2 days ago. The hilarious thing is that Leah and I joked the whole time while we were in the village that it felt like we were on a three week “m” trip and then we were going back home to kathmandu (as if our whole life was not one big “m” trip).. well it sured looked like new york city to me when we finally got back into kathmandu after a 14 hour bus ride with 1 flat tire, 1 engine making smoke fill our bus, and 1 strike where we had to stay parked on the side of the road for a while! but laughingly reality struck as soon as we got back. Nepal is known for shortages of everything .. gas which has caused some major strikes this week, water and others. well apparently there is a major shortage of electricity so guess what… we have no electricty 16 hours out of the day now. hehhee.. so much for that “m” trip idea.. 🙂 It’s amazing how much you realize you need electricity in your everyday life… but it’s fun and adventurous to live by candlelight and like little house on the prarie.. but anyways.. also could my blogging friend please petition the heavenlies.. my computer is not working.. which is my only way of communication back home. It has not worked since we got back, and it’s hard to share a computer with your very loving and gracious roomate when you only have a few minutes of electricity at a time.. so if you could just pray healing for my computer!
ok.. enough about that! thank you so much for your prayers for us in the village… oh glory what an amazing experience, unforgettable. a few of the funny quotes I will never forget
1) walking down the road and a man comes up to me and says I hear you are in the business of taking people with you. you know.. to ameria.. and iautomatically replied.. yes.. we love illegally immigrating people!
2) walking down the road and a school girl points to a cow and says in english.. this is a cow.. i laughed and said we have those in america to!
3) we were trying to teach the kids to play duck duck goose. however, we got confused and we accidnetly taught them to play duck duck dog because the word for duck is hos and the word for dog is cukur and the word for chicken is cukura and we accidnetly told them it was hos hos cukur
4) a girl came up to me and said from where did you come from (we were asked that at least 750 times a day) I said america and she said.. do you know david.. hehhe.. i said well yes there are a few of them!
5) everyone we met said are you married.. i would say no.. then the next question.. why.. i would say i don’t know, God is my husband.. then they would say would you marry a nepalee.. i would say maybe beuz what else to say.. then they would say well I have this cousin brother!
6) we go to the village fair which is alot like our state fairs back home.. everyone from all the surronding villages came. it’s a big deal in a village where not much happens.. we were trying to blend in, but keep in mind most of these peole have never seen an american in their lives. The fiar director comes up to us and says we want to honor you. So they all us up on the platform and say welcome to our very special guests (as if we came just for this moment) .. we got flowers, a big fancy ribbon and to sit on the stage with all the dignitaries of the villages.. we represented america.. keep in mind I had had no shower in 2 1/2 weeks.. i represented america well i am sure.
anyways. I want to thank you for your prayers. I know that God moved. WE spent the last night with the family singing and dancing and singing all the christian songs we had taught them. We shared about Jesus. We met Jesus. I saw him in those nepalees that had no idea who he was as they welcoed us into their homes ( and it was like rent a slumberparty.. everyone wanted us to stay in their house beause they believe amerians are good luck charms)… they fed us (literally 2 meals a day the only thing we ate for 3 weeks was rice lentils and sag (like spinache).. and I even had a few of them wash my feet. I saw Jesus! And I know he is going to bring people to himself in that village. I know his word does not return void.. and most of all I knew he took me out to the village to work on me.
you see I was to big for my britches. I thought Iwould have no problems living in the village.. i was much excited about it. I was proud. If anything since I have been here in nepal God works on that area of sin in my life. I mean I was trying really hard to live up to my super servant ideal that I thought God wanted me to be. Nope.. suprise.. he wanted me to be a simple broken cracked pot.. a clay vessell that he could show through. So I got the village and it was the most emotionally difficult thing. Not the physical difficulties.. but the overwhelming of all the people staring, no privacy, not being able to communicate like I wanted to. It was hard. Why God. Why am I not feeling the love for these people like i should, the love for you like I should.. why am i exhasted and not the super spiritual one I thought… are you disappointed in me? Are right there in the village he answered me. Nope Jenn.. i wanted you not to love so I could love throuhg you.. i wanted you to be weak so I could be strong.. i wanted you to not be able to communicate so I could.. and i wanted you to thirst for me as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I met Jesus in a new way. He poured out his grace on me even when i had not had a shower in 3 weeks on the outside, he washed me clean on the inside.. and he showed me HIMSELF! Psalms 63.. my soul was satisfied as with fat and rich foods.
ok.. enough preaching.i know this is the longest post ever.. but who knows when i will get to post again andi just wanted to share that with you!
by the way: a great big huge old thankyou to the ladies of westview .. i got your packages and i felt soo loved by God and you.. and wow.. it was like the biggest christmas ever.. iam still so excited.
And sandra and mama thank you so much for the cards.
And debbie sapp.. thank you thank you thank you.. i loved the gifts so much
and heather sneed also. tahnk you for thinking of me.. i loved it and especially the kids pictures.
and i have 3 more packages to go get at the main post office tommorow.. glory. the body of christ has been so good to me!
it was so good to go back to church today and see the ladies i disciple. they were so excited to see us back!
ok.. i really better stop now. i love you guys. I think the electiricty is going off any minute now..