Hey guys.. I thought it’s been a while since I have written so why not have a random thought Thursday: So I will not take responsibility for how random the thoughts can be:
1) I just ate the coolest thing. It combined two of my favorite things in the world.. espresso and icecream. It came in this cute little dish and it was YUMMY. It’s funny because this is the only restaraunt that you can get soft serve icecream and apparently I come here to much for that because as soon as I come in the nepalee staff ask tapako lagie mixed icecream cha? For you a mixed icecream cone?
2) I have had far to much coffee today anyways. This week or stove was working which about put me over the edge. I seem to be able to handle well no power, no hot water.. but no stove was the last straw. I mean how can I boil my water for coffee in the mornings with no power. So our stove is fixed now.. it was a gas leak.. so I was so thrilled to have my coffee date with Jesus again that I may have overindulged. then I had discipleship with Sita this morning and had an almond mocha.. and now espresso icecream.. wahoo.. no sleep for this gal oila (maybe!)
3) I had an incredible Discipleship time with Sita today. She is such a blesing to me. I just love her. We are slowly moving through the book of Acts. Today we talked about the goodness of the gospel story. She began sharing with me that there is a major problem going on in the temples right now that Has opened the door of the gospel. This week the government stopped paying for the priests to do puja (worship) at the big Hindu temple. The priests have all left the temple where they do the creamations, and right now there are no priests there. She said that the people don’t know where their gods have gone now that the priests have gone. There are big riots around the temple right now, but she said the people are looking for God now that their gods are not being worshipped. And I promise you that I can totally feel the tension of the spiritual battle going on here. I am so grateful that our God wins!
4) The other day I accidently ran over duck’s foot on my scooter. I did feel bad about it I promise.. but what else do you do when a duck runs out of nowhere and there is no stopping quick enough. Now I know that you are thinking ducks don’t run this fast. Well THIS duck did I promise.. I’m not into make ducks one less footed on purpose I promise!
5) As for the new year theme.. you guys all did soo good. I’m not sure what gift I am going to give yet, but I love them all so much I am going to give you all a gift of some sort at some time. Just be waiting for it! 🙂
6) So I did the Denise Austin workout video twice this week. Does that make up for only eating french fries for dinner one night at the only restaraunt that has a deep frying in nepal and makes the yummiest fries available. It’s so funny because we are going out almost every night right now. Not good for teh pocketbook but good for the soul. it’s way to hard to stay away in a very cold VERY dark house with no power!
7) It’s hilarious to live in a culture that the first thing, even random strangers on the street ask you is tapai dhal bhat kanabyou (have you eaten your rice and dhal) I’m not kidding. perfect strangers on the street ask me that all the time. Can you imagine just going to a pefect stranger on your street and saying um.. have you had your hamburger yet today? Also, everytime the post office lady calls me to tell me I have a package the first thing she says .. no hello or anything.. is tapai chia kanabyou (have you drank your chia) That’s how I know it’s her calling!
8)I’m having to exercise trust in God again. I am having a very difficult getting my visa renewed. It seems I have hit every road block possible.. if I do not have success by January 15 then I will have to take the tourist visa. This does not mean I would have to leave the country now, but I could only stay 5 months this year. Me and God have had many talks about this. I am going to be completely honest, sometimes I don’t know how to pray about this situation. So I just keep doing everything that I can, and trust the God who opens doors that no man can shut, and closes doors that no man can open. I am so glad that our God is so soverign
9) I am meditating alot lately on the trustworthiness of God. He is so good. Right now I am memorizing Psalms 121.. it’s so awesome. You should check it out!
10) I thougth I would end with a random thought. Michelle I have totally become you after living in nepal. I like to think my color scheme of wardrobe was pretty normal in america.. not like my lovely sister michelle who get away with it.. becuase everyone knew it was just HER. Right now I am wearing a BRIGHT lime green undershirt, a bright pink jacket, and a different fusia bright pink shade of gloves. And my socks are a crazy tie dye purple. What has happened to me?
That’s all for now folks