50 Reasons why I love love my mommy
(These are not in any particular order!)
1) I think she is the most BEAUTIFUL woman in the world and I hope I look like her someday!
2) She stayed at home as a stay at home momma for my whole life. I am sure at times this job got boring (well with my sis and I maybe not), felt unfulfilling, she felt stir crazy and wanted more adult interaction– but she did it.. and I felt so loved because of it
3) She taught me what it means to have the gift of hospitality. sometimes I think I only had friends because of her good meals and her hospitality
4) I can tell her ANYTHING. In fact I tell her everything. She is my best friend. Pretty cool huh!
5) I loved the tea parties she created for us as kids.. we are going to have adult tea parties when I come home
6) She loves the Lord and taught me to love Him
7) She always took me to all the church activities I wanted to go to
8) She faithfully took me to swimming lessons every summer..so I could advance from minnow to shark… heheh
9) When I went home in August we went and had a blast at water aerobics together
10) I have very fond memories of her taking me to the park and we fed the ducks (I am reminded of that everytime I see the footless duck that I ran over here!)
11) Her and my Daddy were always making precious memories with us. Camping memories, family game night
12) I am so proud of her. She has grown in Christ Jesus so much. Now she is teaching me things she is learning out of her quiet time
13) She makes me feel like the most loved daughter in the whole world
14) Everytime she sends me a package I feel so loved and special. She always knows exactly what to put in them. Always packed with such love. Always some sort of suprise in my pocket or something 🙂
15) I love going to womens conferences with my mom and sister and aunts.. we LAUGH.. boy do we laugh!
16) Did I mention how beautiful she is. How people sometimes think she is my sister.. pretty cool huh. I mean really where are the grey hairs and the wrinkles?
17) Everyday when I got home from school she had an after school snack for me and then we would listen to adventures in odessey
18) Her and my dad are still so in love they are like newleyweds.. it’s an awesome example to me
19) She is still the one I want when I am sick. Even though I a big girl and I live all the way on the other side of the world she is the one I want
20) She has many talents many of you may not know about .. like flower arranging and crafy things
21) She always welcomed my friends with open arms
22) In fact my friends all call her mama hand
23) and I live on the other side of the world but many of my friends still call my mom and go to visit her.. that’s how stinking loveable she is!
24) Every one always tells me.. we really love your mom.. it makes me proud
25) She can run a kitchen for an emmaus walk for like 60 men and they all want to give her a big old hug because the food is so good
26) I have seen her do things really out of her comfort zone like run a kitchen or pray outloud in a group– makes me soo proud of her
27) She is an awesome caregiver. Mama carebear as my dad caller her. She took care of some precious little old people.. including my dad’s parents and her mom and aunt betty ..and she did a great job at it no matter how heartbreaking it was
28) she always made my birthday’s special
29) My friends in high school all knew about her ranch chex mix and sausage muffin things (yummy!)
30) She was patient with me even when I was grumpy or mean
31) She always makes me feel so beautiful
32) My mom is very mild mannered. But if someone ever did something mean to me.. WATCH out ( remember the time at the bank mommy!)
33) She always took me to the park .. we had a blast there.. many many memories
34) She taught me how to be a wonderful cook.. people here in nepal are glad for that
35) She showed me the love of God. I love God more because of her
36) We have laughed so hard we cried together many many times
37) for making family dinners for us every night
38) For allowing us to make the family dinner table a very fun place to be …. i mean with my daddy being the muffin man who could not!
39) For being like the Proverbs 31 woman
40) For always making Christmas so much fun. I love decorating with our family, watching cheesy christmas movies ect
41) For having such a gentle servants heart
42) For teaching me how to love people
43) For all the game nights we had as a family– even though I HATe to play her at skip-bo or wii bowling because she always wins
44) For always taking care of me.. I know I can always count on her
45) For marrying my Daddy– what a great pick.. I’m so the luckiest girl in the world to have parents like you guys (well I don’t believe in luck so I will say most blessed)
46) For loving me enough to let me go and serve God here in nepal even though i know it must have been the hardest thing she has ever done.. but trusting me to the hands of the Father
47) For the joy in my heart everytime I get to talk to her on skype.. i love it especially when we get to talk for hours those few times the power is working and the internet
48) For being the BEST secretary ever while I am overseas.. what would I do without you
49) For being my manager also.. my agent..
50) For being the BEST mommy ever!!!
So I realize as I write these that they all sound selfish.. they all were things that benifitted me. But well.. I think my mom has done and INCREDIBLE job with her job.. being a mommy to me and Michelle.. so that’s that. She has impacted me so much. Oh yeah… and please don’t think it was just my mom. My wonderful Dad was there for all of these things to. We always had some fun tea parties together to. But today is my mom’s b-day so I wanted to celebrate her from across the world.
Consider yourself celebrated mom!