27 Reasons why I love my Daddy: (just picked the number 27 because that’s the number of years I’ve had the blessing of calling Him my Daddy):
1) He makes me feel like a princess… in fact He tells me I am a princess everytime I talk to Him
2) He was such a great earthly daddy that I cannot imagine how GREAT my heavenly Daddy is
3) He taught me how to dance (do do do do .. do dododod od)
4) When I was younger He stepped down from a job with much influence and benefits at TVA because He was not getting to spend time with us. That spoke volumes to me and I will never forget it
5) He loves the Lord and taught me how to
6) He taught me how to treat everyone special. My Daddy makes everyone feel special from the person cleaning the toilets to the CEO.. He treats everyone the same
7) My Daddy loves people. .. and people love him. I learned how to love people well from Him
8) He loves my Mommy. He always showed me what it means to be a good husband.. to treat her like a queen. I will not settle for anything less because I saw what a good husband should be as I watched him with my mommy
9) He makes me laugh alot.. He’s crazy goofy just like me
10) He taught me what true worship of God is
11) SO many great memories and laughter around the dinner table with Him and my mom. I appreciated that they made it a priority for us to eat together.. from talking food, to smiling food (muffin man), to random tea fights, to laughing so hard food spews.. so great times
12) we used to blow up the post office together every morning on the way to school (don’t worry.. not really.. it’s an inside joke)
13) We also used to loudly sing to veggie tales when we drove to school in the mornings
14) His drivers ed classes.. hehehe.. did I mention that all the drivers in the world are stupid.. and isn’t it important to be able to back around and around and around a parking lot
15) He still loved me and showed great grace to me even when me and the car had “issues”
16) Loved our “dates”.. when we were younger and now to more sophisticated places like Starbucks … where of course my dad acted very sophisticated as He acted out the Human cappichino/espresso maker.. hehehe.. no more ventti frappachino’s for you
17) now my coffee drinking buddy– I totally spoiled you into a coffee snob!
18) All the times he made time for family time: Family game night, family go to the park time.. feed the ducks
19) all the hilarious family camping trips you took us on.. you get us into the craziest adventures
20) For you and mommy being my best friends
21) That I can call you and talk to you about anything
.. that is if you can stay awake! You say my talking “sooths you”.. not sure if that is code for bores you to sleep!
22) For all the fun hobbies you.. thank you for calling hand enterprises, SIE, the handyman can, press one if you need ….. hehhee
23) For the fun fishing adventures– is um.. that the motor in the lake.. and what are we doing in this big lake in this small boat anyways?
24) For being such a cheerleader of what I am doing here.. even though I know you want nothing more to have me home
25) For praying for me.. like last night praying I would sleep.. I know you did because I asked you to.. and I slept better then I have in months.. even in the sweltering heat!
26) Did I mention you taught me to live a dancing kind of life
27) For being the best Daddy a girl could ever ask for…
Happy Happy Fathers Day and B-day week. I cannot wait to see you in person and give you a big old hug.. 3 weeks and 1/2 days (not that i am counting) I love you