What made you come alive this week? Did you take time to pause and see God in not just the sacred worship times, but in your everyday little moments. I believe God longs for us to celebrate with Him in the big and the small moments… and that God made things that make each one of us uniquely come alive… and when we celebrate these with HIM it’s amazing. So… every Friday we are going to do a what made you come alive this week Friday… I am going to list mine and I want you to list yours.. and let’s celebrate being alive in Christ together!
So… here’s my list in random order.. and I could go on and on:
1) On Wednesday I got to go to my old roomie’s house in Athens. Her house is like something out of pier one catalog because she has an eye for decor… and how to do it cheaply. decorating makes her come alive. Therfore when I am in her house it’s like I enter a peaceful place that makes me come alive.. it was awesome. Me and her and my precious sis and nephew got together to watch a Beth moore video on stepping up. I loved it when my nephew said I want to watch the moore.. 🙂 And she was burning fall candles.. and there was the wift of garlic from the homemade salsa.. what more could you want.. fall and garlic?
2) Snuggling my little man .. several times this week I got to snuggle him.. that just totally makes me come alive
3) drinking the yummy starbucks coffee my rommie casey brings to our house. how awesome is it that I live with a real live barista (coffee expert for those of you that didn’t know!)
4) my 10 year high school reunion is tommorow nite.. i wanted so much to find a CHEAP dress that made me feel beautiful. I found a 14.00 dollar dress @ catos.. it looked a little exotic (like me of course!) and I felt so gorgoeus. it was a painless shopping experience.. and when i tried it on alex told me.. nenn… you look beautiful. It was like Jesus said that in that moment
5) got to go back to my alma mater Tennessee Wesleyan and speak @ the BCM .. so many awesome God moments occured in BCM when I was in college.. had a blast on the road trip with my sis and casey… we went back to our favorite mexican restraunt and made sure to take a stop to have a peanut butter milk shake @ the dairy barn.. yummy.
6) i woke up this morning and just felt so loved by God.. do you ever have those moments.. just that small whisper to your heart.. i love you!
I could go on and on.. but i want to know yours.. so what made you come alive this week? I want you to start thinking about it.. it’s a way to see the awesome ways our Big God blesses you in BIG and small ways. I love that He is such a personal God.