The gorgeous Himilayan mountains where I was blessed to be a missionary in nepal for 2 years.
Happy Monday. Watch out week– God has plans greater for you then you could even ask or imagine. That was my facebook status this morning as I was thinking about how God does promise that He will do more then we can ask or imagine.. and I have a pretty big imagination 🙂
You may be wondering why the pictures of the Himlayas this post? Well this morning in my quiet time on my beautiful new coach (more on that later) I was reading Psalms 121
I will lift my eyes to the mountains
from where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of heaven and earth!
As I was reading that it made me think about how in Nepal you could not always see the Himilayan mountains– the largest tallest most magestic mountains in the world (makes the smokey mountains look like mole hills) because of pollution. But on the days when God would part the clouds it would take my breath away. Or the days when I would leave the valley I lived in and go up to the mountains (like the picture taken above) and it would truly take my breath away! The maker of these.. He has called me.. He has called you by name.. He is intimiately working out every detail in my life. This God.. this God who spoke and those mountains WERE.. this is where MY help can come from.
Can I get a glory shout!
The star maker, star slinger, star namer
The history maker, history planner, history holder
The mountain speaker, mountain mover, mountain climber
This God says I, we , you can find our help from Him.. glory!
you need a mountain moved– He is
You need a touch– He does
You need to hear–He speaks
You need answers– He sits with you in your questions
You need guidance– He guides
Now on that note on to my 1,000 gifts list:
I can never remember what number I am on so I will start with 30:
30) That I have been able to see the Himilayan mountains with my very own eyes
31) the joy of counseling clients
32) having ladies over from church last night to my house
33) homemade salsa Jenn style
34) my family.. love them so much
35) Classical music playing on background of a blog
36) My brother in law’s sermon on sunday
37) seeing my beautiful mom show up at church sunday
38) Bible study packed last week even when we had to change the date
39) all the ways the Lord has provided for me
40) the ability to be in graduate school again
How has God shown up in your life to be your help? Love reading your comments