I think we often are trying to figure out what our true self is. Or re-create ourself into someone else.
I thought I would share some true self facts about me, just for the sake of transparency.
1) I like to take selfies with people instead of regular shots. I can get as many as a group of 20 into a selfie (well something like that) Why? Because I can get just the right angle of my chin. Yes all my pictures may only have half of me, but that chin, it is tilted just right.
2) I drive with the sunvisor down in my car– all the time. Night time, daytime, rainy time, sunshine, I just like it
3) I love to wash dishes. I hate hate hate to do laundry since I did the basketball team laundry every night in college to help pay for college. (it was as stinky as it sounds)
4) I love to travel and somehow always whenever I get ready to go to another country to visit homeland security puts out a warning about going there. hmmm..
5) I have a painting covering a large hole in the wall in my living room that I am positive is very crooked , but I kind of like it that way.
6) I can speak Nepalese and sometimes still dream in that language
7) Most of my dreams I surely hope are not visions from the Lord, because they tend to be very odd– last night the Michelin tire man was chasing me. Maybe God is giving me new tires?
8) I make coffee strong enough to grow hair on your chest.. like sludge really. And I like it that way. I never measure and just tend to dump
9) I have really stinky feet — I’m just saying.
10) Once in a foot washing service , they skipped my feet.
ok.. that is 10 random facts about my #trueselfie
Now back to the #denymyselfie
One thing I am learning right now, is I can get wrapped in trying to find identity in roles, calling, work for worth.. when God wants me to deny all that.
I want to deny finding myself wrapped in those things.
Instead I want to wrap my #wholeselfie in the promise of who God thinks I am, says I am, and what HE has prepared for me.